Be Part of an Incredible Team and Work by the Beach in L.A.’s South Bay
Are you tired of commuting? We are two blocks from the beach and enjoy a dynamic and casual environment. Our South Redondo Beach Public Relations and Marketing High-Tech focused agency agency is seeking a detail-oriented and dependable senior account executive/manager who loves to pitch his or her heart out and secure terrific story placements for our clients. You should love working in a leadership position with staff and relish the opportunity to help win new business.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 to 7 years of public relations agency experience with a strong history of story placements and strong relationships with hi-tech and business reporters.
Please note: We are not a lifestyle agency. Most of our clients are in tech and generally in B2B.
Responsibilities include the planning and execution of client public relations and programs for multiple clients; managing relationships with client(s) and staff; drafting and development of PR planning documents, bringing a strong strategic focus; leading creative brainstorming, developing powerful press materials and programs that resonate with media; managing PR support for new product launches and trade show appearances, plus coordination of speaking opportunities and media interviews with senior client company executives. You must bring a great depth of experience and maturity to the position for you will also be responsible for the career development of the members of account teams. This position manages two or more account executives and their teams.
You must have a BA degree, preferably in communications, journalism, business, or PR-related discipline. Strong computer literacy skills are also required– particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Our 10 Most Desired Qualities:
- Strong relationships – likes to work with media (has developed personal relationships in addition to major story placements)
- Focused and pro-active thinker with a history of proven success in public relations with protocols and processes within a PR agency
- Organized & highly detail oriented
- Digital media advocate and expert
- Ability to connect quickly
- Proven ability to effectively lead and efficiently train and manage a professional staff; and you need prior knowledge of the tools of the trade
- We are looking for an entrepreneurially minded individual who thrives in a fast-paced and pressure-filled environment
- Bring proven experience in helping to win new business at other PR agencies
- You’ll need strong organizational and planning skills, excellent communication skills, the highest personal integrity, confidence and assertiveness
- At heart you must be a counselor – not afraid to push back with clients or your boss with strategic thinking.
If you thrive on challenges and want to be a key leader to join and further build an award-winning boutique PR agency, this is the job for you.
Please send your resume to: