Family-friendly Holiday Favorite, Santa Tracker, Powered by Zone·tv™, Returns for the 10th Year to Deliver Holiday Cheer to Top Pay-TV Providers
Christmas Holiday-themed, Interactive Pop-up Channel is Now Available for 29+ Million Homes to Enjoy
U.S. and Canada’s top pay-TV service providers are bringing back fan favorite Santa Tracker, inviting their viewers to celebrate the holiday season with an interactive, Christmas holiday-themed programming experience, powered by zone·tv™. Families can once again come together to enjoy holiday themed fun features and track Santa’s path across the globe on Christmas Eve. This highly engaging TV experience is available, free of charge, in over 72% of TV homes with kids nationwide.
Santa Tracker Features:
- On Christmas Eve, the zone·tv™ original programming tracks Santa’s location, where he’s headed next, driving excitement and anticipation as reaches the viewers’ cities and counts how many presents have been delivered throughout the evening
- A collection of winter and holiday read-along storybooks including A Penguin Story, The Bears We Know and the classic Robert Munsch story 50 Below Zero
- All-time favorite holiday movie classics available for rent or purchase including Frozen, Elf, The Polar Express, Home Alone, Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story
- Holiday sing-alongs offering 35-plus songs in karaoke mode, including We Wish You a Merry Christmas and Blue Christmas from Stingray Digital
- Naughty or Nice polls, where users can find out who’s been naughty or nice this year by answering questions and comparing ratings with family and friends
- Addictive Games you can play with your remote, including Jolly Dropper and Present Panic, Cookie Crumble and more
- Radio features hours of continuous holiday music from various artists
- Christmas countdown calendar that unlocks new daily challenges every day leading up to the big event
Santa Tracker’s exciting, unique and festive features bring viewers together, enjoying over thirty minutes every time they start the experience from the channel guide, voice command and apps menu on their pay-TV service.
“Santa Tracker has become a cherished part of families’ holiday traditions every Christmas season” said Jeff Weber, CEO, zone·tv, “As our distribution continues to increase, more homes across the globe get to enjoy our unique, family-friendly, interactive programming and we’re excited to bring that joy to our subscribers. We are also thrilled to be able to bring that value to our pay-TV provider partners for the 10th consecutive year.”
As a 2018 Banff World Media Festival finalist for “Interactive Program for Kids”, Santa Tracker has not only proven to be a holiday favorite for subscribers but has also proven to drive value to both pay-TV providers and advertisers. The Santa Tracker experience directly links to the pay-TV providers Video-on-Demand libraries, and providers see a significant increase in VOD title rentals resulting in increased revenue. For advertisers, Santa Tracker creates an immersive experience that provides several types of advertising and sponsorship opportunities including banner, product placement, interactive and video ads.
Santa Tracker can be found on Comcast Xfinity X1 in the kids and holiday sections of Xfinity on Demand and in the app menu. Customers with an X1 voice remote can say “Santa Tracker” to launch the destination. Santa Tracker is also available on AT&T U-verse on channels 1098/ 324/ 1324; DIRECTV on channel 110; Frontier Communications channels 266/ 346/ 1326/ 98 depending on location; and CenturyLink channels 91/ 1091.
In Canada, Santa Tracker can be enjoyed through the TELUS channels 610/12; TELUS Quebec 501/ 514; Bell Canada channels 149/ 540/ 1149/ 1540/ 1212; Bell Atlantic channels 456/ 513/ 559; and on Bell MTS channels 82/182.