Alliance for Women in Media Southern California Announce 2016 Genii Awards Honorees
ALLIANCE FOR WOMEN IN MEDIA SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ANNOUNCE 2016 GENII AWARDS HONOREES
Los Angeles — March 7, 2016 – Alliance for Women in Media Southern California Affiliate (AWM SoCal), a nonprofit organization helping to empower and fuel professional development of women across the media landscape, today announced the names of six women who will be honored at the 57th Genii Awards. More women will be honored at the gala event, which will be held on Thursday, May 5th as part of Digital Hollywood at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles.
The Awards (pronounced “Jeannie” and named in honor of Jeanne Gray McDonald, the Affiliate group founder) acknowledges the notable achievements of women in media and entertainment. Honorees are selected based on their pioneering efforts, dedicated leadership, commitment to quality and excellence, and their community contributions. Genii honorees have made significant contributions to advance the impact of women in media by educating and acting as a resource to its members, the industry and our community.
“The Genii Awards honors Southern California talent within the arenas of radio, television, film, documentary, journalism and entertainment,” said AWM SoCal president Samantha Brown. “We’re excited to celebrate the contributions of our esteemed colleagues.”
- Nicole Boxer, a documentary filmmaker (The Invisible War, The Hunting Ground) will be honored with the Excellence in Documentary Award
- Christine Devine, Television News Anchor at Fox KTTV, will receive the Excellence in Journalism Award
- Pat Prescott, On Air Personality for 94.7 The Wave, will receive the Excellence in Radio Award
- Xanthe Wells, Former Chief Creative Officer at the Los Angeles boutique agency Pitch will receive the Excellence in Advertising Award
- Maggie Bellville, Vice President at Hitachi Consulting, will receive the Inspiration Award
- Annette Covarrubias, AWM SoCal’s Corresponding Secretary for the Executive Board of Directors and Digital Sales Planner at CBS Radio will receive the Rising Star Award
Former Genii winner and former president of the ABC-Disney Television Group Anne Sweeney will present the award to her longtime friend, Maggie Bellville.
Past Genii Award Recipients Include:
Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett, Betty White, Dr. Laura Schlessinger, Whoopie Goldberg, Ellen DeGeneres, among others.
Sponsorship and ticket information is available at www.awmsocalfoundation.org/genii-awards-2016. Ticket proceeds help fund the AWM SoCal scholarship program.
For more information about Alliance for Women in Media Southern California, please visit www.awmsocal.org.
# # # #